Thursday, October 29, 2009

ARCH1142 - Reflection

Fluid thoughts to action
From this workshop, I learned some new techniques in drawing with different media (charcoal, ink, paper collage) and how to transfer individual's unique perception on objects to a paper. Interestingly, this 'transfer' is very much influenced by the drawing techniques, whether it is charcoal, soft brush strokes, or glued paper, thus it can create a lot of version of just one object. From this workshop, I was encouraged to be proud and value my works since there is no right or wrong in art.

Modeling
This workshop was quite difficult for me since I couldn't really catch the tutors intention. On this workshop, we explore an idea through 2D and 3D model. We were required to draw, make a collage poster and models from balsa and found objects. I learned to convey an idea in a more poetic way and explore more deeply the potential of an idea.

Architecture in motion
This workshop was my final one I attended for communication and that was quite interesting and fun. In making the animation, I had to draw about 30 sequences of images and manipulated them to a 20 seconds animation. After making the clip, I realized that it was quite hard to visualize our imagination to an animation. Simple painting, sketching, and crafting could directly transcribe a person’s think, but this animation only could be achieved by a sequence of still and smooth images to create a sense of movement. From this workshop, I learned how to use the program 'window movie maker' and how to capture more audiences by having an interesting and punchy theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment